Welcome
Welcome to Italian Pottery Marks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today.

meiselman imports

Visit us here if you need help in identifying your Italian pottery or porcelain

meiselman imports

Postby yvonne » October 7th, 2011, 8:55 am

Hi i have found a vase that is kinda diffrent . it's a face and it's not painted on . the bottom has tag # 21960 the 2 could be something diffrent its kinda worn .
it also has art # 8.10 or s.10 . and it also has lllodernage . can someone tell me what i have . i almost sold it in a yard sale for 1.00 . so if you know please fill me in .

thanks blessings
yvonne

Re: meiselman imports

Postby wdel » October 7th, 2011, 9:29 am

You haven't given me enough information for me to be able help you. First and foremost is simply the fact that you haven't supplied any photos. I really need photos of the item as well as photos of any marks or writing. Your subject headline reads "Meiselman Imports" but you failed in your description to say whether or not "Meiselman Imports" is actually written on the piece. You also failed to state whether or not the item is marked "Italy", "Made in Italy" or "Italia" or whether or not the country of origin appears on the item at all. Finally, you noted that it is marked "Illodernage". I'm fairly certain that you are not reading it correctly as that word does not appear in English or Italian.

"Meiselman" and "Meiselman Imports" are the same company. How the name appeared on a piece was merely dependent on how the manufacturer decided to assign the importer's name. Officially the corporate name was "Meiselman Imports". The company filed its original request for DOS recognition in New York State on January 4, 1965. It is possible, however, that the firm may have operated at a slightly earlier date before filing for corporate status. On September 2, 1980 the company changed its name to Ben Har Imports. The firm, based in New York City was dissolved on September 21,1981. The company imported porcelain, ceramic and glass household and decorative items from several companies in Europe. Like many import companies they never allowed the manufacturer to reveal itself and rarely, if ever, do we find pieces that include the manufacturer's name or logo. Since the factory or studio is an unknown it tends to restrict prices on the secondary markets.
Walter Del Pellegrino
wdel
Site Admin

Re: meiselman imports

Postby yvonne » October 7th, 2011, 9:39 am

the made in Italy is paper that is adhesived to the bottom. Yes it is written on there.
yvonne

Return to IDENTIFICATION HELP