Welcome
Welcome to Italian Pottery Marks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today.

Date of Zaccagnini?

A place for you to showcase that special piece or your whole collection

Date of Zaccagnini?

Postby drjorn » April 14th, 2017, 2:46 pm

Hi all, I am just wondering if anyone can date this Zaccagnini vase. I am thinking late 1930s early 40s?
Thanks
Ann
ImageImage
drjorn

Re: Date of Zaccagnini?

Postby wdel » April 14th, 2017, 3:00 pm

THE LOGO WAS USED FROM 1938 TO 1960 TO 2000. Zaccagnini past away in 1937 at the age of sixty-nine. In the thirty-one he had spent building his reputation and his factory he garnered worldwide recognition and his company had grown to more that 120 employees. The firm’s overall management became the responsibility of Ugo’s second eldest son, Urbano (1901-1964). That year the family changed the name of the company to "Società Anonima Ceramiche Zaccagnini" (Ceramic Joint-stock companies Zaccagnini) and created a new company logo – A capital “Z” with a squiggly line through it. This was a tribute to their father and founder of the company. The squiggle represented Monte Oliveto (Mount Olive}. During his lifetime Ugo often remarked that the view of the Tuscan hillside and Monte Oliveto that he looked upon each day from his office was “the most beautiful view out of any window in Europe.”
I think your piece dates to 1950's or 60's.
Walter Del Pellegrino
wdel
Site Admin

Return to SHARE YOUR PHOTOS